TECHNICAL RESEARCH AND WRITING SPECIALIST
The Organization: Engineering Management, Inc.(EMI), a multi-disciplined civil and environmental Consulting Engineering firm, primarily serving Georgia local governments in Northeast Georgia. The firm is responsible for collecting, examining, and projecting a wide variety of data, including technical, demographic, and financial information. The desired results of these activities include the development of planned approaches to address water, wastewater and stormwater infrastructure needs both short and long term.
Summary: The Research and Writing Specialist will provide research, writing, and editing support across all of EMI’s programs and activities with primary focus on water, sewer and stormwater infrastructure planning and design.
He/she works closely with other team members to ensure all content is clear, readable, and complete; and may suggest rewrites when needed. The person in this position will work closely with Engineering and Senior staff to ensure accurate and complete technical content. Candidate should have some educational and/or practical engineering experience.
Responsibilities include (Selected Candidate may perform other duties as assigned):
- Assist with research, writing, editing, and fact-checking aspects of Planning and Engineering Reports, Financial user rates studies, Environmental Reports, Design Development Reports and Economic Studies.
- Using a range of internal and external sources, perform in-depth research to write reports and studies mentioned above.
- Research and develop knowledge of Grant and Loan Programs and assume the lead role in preparing and writing such grant and loan programs that are frequently utilized by local governments in the financing of water, sewer and stormwater improvement and expansion programs.
- Conform to the voice and style of Engineering Management Inc.
- Research and create graphics, charts, maps, photographs, infographics and other content to include in the array of technical publications produced by EMI.
- Assist with special events as directed.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Strong research, writing, and editing skills. Must possess some educational and/or practical engineering experience.
- Ability to quickly adapt and incorporate the EMI voice and style in written materials.
- Flexible, positive, team-oriented attitude, and ability to independently balance multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to establish and achieve priorities; commitment to excellence, working cross-functionally and in teams.
- Exercise initiative, good judgment, and discretion.
- Have superior knowledge and command of Microsoft Office products and Excel, ArcView, or other GIS software experience helpful.
- Strong organization and time-management skills; attention to detail is essential—can do attitude.
- Demonstrated reliable attendance to ensure successful and timely project completion.
- Must represent EMI in a professional manner and be able to work well with diverse groups of people.
Required experience: Minimum of two years professional experience as a researcher/technical writer.
Familiarity with water sewer and stormwater planning and design. Grant and Loan application experience helpful.
Please send cover letter including resume and writing sample (of no more than three pages) to:
Leigh Ann Aldridge
Engineering Management Inc
303 Swanson Drive
Lawrenceville Georgia 30043
No phone calls please